Amarillo and Home

After spending the week in Austin TX for the big SXSW musical festival, I caught a ride with by buddy Sean Renner and we headed up to Amarillo TX.

Sean, who played at the first show in Denver, had been doing his own tour and planned to play our last show with us. The drive was great until we hit a GIANT dust storm about an hour outside of town. Sean and I didn't know what to expect. Was there a tornado on the other side of this storm? It was nothing like either of us had ever seen. We decided to plow on down the road. It started to rain, but the rain was filled with dirt. It was a wild experience. Luckily the storm didn't last long.

We played at a venue called the '806', which host live music every weekend. I was great to be reunited with Abi and the guys after a week apart.

I opened the show with a short of my own

Sean Renner played next. With his mad scientist approach to live shows, he really captivated the audience.

After Sean played, the Abi Robins band played our final show of the tour. We rock out HARD! After all was said and done, we said our goodbyes and Sean and I headed over to our friends house for good night sleep. We got to sleep on giant bean bag chairs, and it was amazing! :)

On the drive home, we decided to avoid the interstates and see more of the countryside. We listened to James Bond - Carte Blanche audio book on the drive back.

Overall, I had a blast on this trip. I got home and decided that I want to keep touring. I can't wait to get back out on the road :)





















Comments

Popular Posts