Sweeney Todd and The RPM Challenge

Hey Ya'll,

I've been really busy the last few weeks sound designing Sweeney Todd at the Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center. The show is going to be great, I'm just beat from working on it so much. It opens January 22nd. http://www.csfineartscenter.org/SweeneyTodd.asp


In music news, I signed up to do the RPM Challenge in February. The challenge asks its participants to record a 10 song (or 35 minute) album within the course of the month. I'm not sure what direction I'm going to take as far as sound but I just need to get something down. I've been experimenting with some minimalist electronic music as well as some acoustic songs. I'm not sure how the album is going to work but I may split it in half and do some electronic and some acoustic.

Comments

  1. I definitely wish I'd been able to come to CO for Sweeney Todd. Too bad, but I'll come back here and listen to some of your RPM work later.

    Meanwhile I'm really busy with tech work, and could actually use some advice from you if you'd be willing. My next gig will probably be as a sound op, and I would really like to know how to work more than fader levels and mute buttons. I tried finding you on Facebook, but it looks like you're not on it. (Or maybe your profile is just hidden, like Scooter's.) Get in touch if you'd be willing to help.

    Thanks,

    Daniel (the Minnesotan from Youth Rep 2009)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts