Breton Parks - The Cloven Ips

I have a new album done and ready to go. It's called 'The Cloven Ips'.

The idea behind the title is kind of weird but I liked how it turned out. While I was writing the songs for the majority of the album, I took a different approach than I normally do. Instead of sitting with my guitar and writing it there, I pretty much laid down tracks into my computer and built the songs from the ground up. There was ton of riffing, self-editing, and improv. So, I used that idea as a base. Cloven, in the sense that there is a splitting or division. Ips actually stands for inches per second. Like recording on or playing a tape reel, the linearity of music comes down to time and movement. So I combined the two and there we are. It's my way of saying, I could have taken these songs in a completely different direction, messed with parts, or changed the order, but in the end this is what came out.

I'll be posting a link to the album as soon as I get the all clear. Check back here or on my website for more details about the release date. Thanks for all the support. See you when I drop it



The artwork was all hand done by R. T. Christopherson. rtchristopherson.com

bretonparksmusic.com

Comments

Popular Posts